Every year Hampshire Constabulary receives calls from dozens of people who have been frightened by trick or treaters. It might seem like innocent fun, but it can be terrifying for elderly or vulnerable people.
If you have young children:
• Never let them go trick or treating on their own.
• Make sure you accompany them and only visit people you know.
Follow these tips to help keep everyone happy and safe this Halloween
If you have teenagers:
• Make sure they don’t have access to fireworks, alcohol, eggs or flour.
• Explain why they must not play tricks on strangers.
• Tell them that if nobody answers the door, or a ‘No trick or treat’ sign is on display, they must
• Remind them to stay with their friends and make sure they know that they should never enter the home of a stranger.