Parish and town councils have permissive powers to provide a wide range of services and facilities for their areas.
The extent of service provision will usually depend on the size of the parish and its ability to find the necessary finance.
The Parish Council sets an annual precept for its expenditure which is collected by the New Forest District Council as part of the council tax bill.
The Council’s accounts are audited annually both by internal and external auditors.
Documents relating to the Council's accounts are also published below in compliance with the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities:
- Certificate of Exemption – AGAR 2018/19 Part 2
- Annual Internal Audit Report 2018/19
- Section 1 – Annual Governance Statement 2018/19
- Section 2 – Accounting Statements 2018/19
- Explanation of variances between years
- Bank Reconciliation as at March 31 2019
- Notice of Public Rights etc.